Friday, August 22, 2008

Move... at the Speed of Water

6AM... Beep, Beep, BEep, BEEp, BEEP!

Get up!!!

That was kind of how this morning went. So, I got up moved the laundry over to the dryer and said "Okay J, pull yourself together you have a LONG drive ahead of you". Little did I know what awaited me after a drive filled with Phil Collins and stops at various locations to pick up things or say hello to friends.

We finally arrived at the Yuba River at the CA-49 bridge. For those of you not familiar with the Yuba, GET FAMILIAR! It's gorgeous! one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Crystal clear water staggers through gigantic fields of massive granite boulders. The water took my breath away with it's depth and cool 70 something degrees, I felt surrounded by things so much larger than me it gave me one of those "Wow, I'm insignificant" feelings. For the first time in years I felt like I had been released into the wild, to run free, I felt great. I climbed on rocks for hours and bathed in cool water while time passed by with no thought or care.

It's a good thing that I have Em to take me to all of these wonderful places.

Thanks as always,
J

0 comments: